Blyth Shipbuilding was a minor British shipbuilder in Northumberland on the RIver Blyth.
Work at the yard started in the early nineteenth century. After a series of corporate amalgamations, the firm commenced building iron vessels in 1880, first for the Russians. It became an LLC in 1883.
The firm closed in 1925 in the face of a fall-off in business. Fitful operations continued until a final closure in 1930. It was able to re-open in 1937 and built small ships for the Royal Navy. Once again, the end of a war forced a series of closures and reductions in scale of operations.
|H.M.S. Ark Royal||seaplane carrier||5 Sep, 1914||Sold 1946|
|H.M.S. Verbena||sweeping sloop||9 Nov, 1915||Sold 13 Oct, 1933|
|H.M.S. Aubrietia||convoy sloop||17 Jun, 1916||Sold 25 Oct, 1922|
|H.M.S. Gaillardia||convoy sloop||19 May, 1917||Mined 22 Mar, 1918|
|H.M.S. Ivy||convoy sloop||31 Oct, 1917||Sold Feb, 1920|
|H.M.S. Ormonde||sweeping sloop||8 Jun, 1918||Sold 6 Aug, 1937|
|H.M.S. Merry Hampton||sweeping sloop||19 Dec, 1918||Scuttled Feb, 1943|