John Meynell Alleyne, Fourth Baronet
Life & Career
Alleyne served in the monitor H.M.S. Lord Clive, in which role he was awarded the D.S.C..
He was navigator of Vindictive during the rank on Ostend Harbour, May 1918, being severely wounded in the action.
Alleyne was promoted to Lieutenant-Commander on 15 July, 1918.
Alleyne was promoted to Commander on 31 December, 1924.
He was placed on the Retired List with the rank of Captain dated 12 January, 1936.
World War II
- Service Records
- "Capt Sir John Alleyne" (Obituaries). The Times. Monday, 19 December, 1983. Issue 61716, col G, pg. 14.
- Liddle, Peter H. (1985). The Sailor's War: 1914-18. Blandford Press, Ltd., Poole. (on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk).
Hugh F. Curry
|Captain of H.M.S. Lupin
1 Aug, 1928
Edward B. C. Dicken
- "Cadetships in the Royal Navy." The Times (London, England), Thursday, Apr 21, 1904; pg. 12; Issue 37374.
- The Navy List. (March, 1913). p. 2.
- The Navy List. (February, 1929). p. 252.